Mention the name Bill Phillips to any of the people he’s helped transform and you will see their faces light up with appreciation and respect. These people include:
- Hundreds of thousands of men and women who read his magazine for guidance and straightforward information about exercise, nutrition, and living with strength.
- Elite professional athletes, among them John Elway, Karl Malone, Mike Piazza, and Terrell Davis ?ho have turned to Phillips for clear–cut information to enhance their energy and performance.
- People once plagued by obesity, alcoholism, and life–threatening ailments who accepted a personal challenge from Bill Phillips and, with his help, have regained control of their bodies and their lives.
When you begin to apply the information in this book, you will be proving to yourself that astounding changes are within your grasp too. And, you will discover Body–for–LIFE is much more than a book about physical fitness ?t’s a gateway to a new and better life, a life of rewarding and fulfilling moments, perhaps more spectacular than you’ve ever dared to dream before.
Within 12 weeks, you too are going to know ?ot believe, but know : that the transformation you’ve created with your body is merely an example of the power you have to transform everything else in your world.
In language that is vivid and down–to–earth, Bill Phillips guides you, step by step, through the integrated Body–for–LIFE Program, which reveals:
- How to lose fat and increase your strength by exercising less, not more;
- How to tap into an endless source of energy by living with the Power MindsetTM;
- How to create more time for everything meaningful in your life;
- How to trade hours of aerobics for minutes of weight training ?ith dramatic results;
- How to make continual progress by using the High–Point TechniqueTM;
- How to feed your muscles while starving fat with the Nutrition–for–LIFE MethodTM;
- How thousands of ordinary people have now become extraordinary and how you can, too;
- How to gain control of your body and life, once and for all.
The principles of the Body–for–LIFE Program are surprisingly simple but remarkably powerful. So allow yourself to experience the force of the information in this book, allow yourself to take your mind, your body, your life to a higher point than you may have ever dreamed you could. All in as little as 12 weeks.
Bill Phillips had been publishing bodybuilding magazines and marketing nutritional supplements for years when he had a weird revelation at a trade show: many of the most loyal and enthusiastic readers he had were totally out of shape. From that uncomfortable realization came his popular Physique Transformation Contest (top prize that first year: Phillips’s own Lamborghini), now world famous, and this book.
The three-times-a-week weightlifting program in Body for Life is deceptively simple. If you’ve spent any time in the gym, you’ve already done all the exercises. But Phillips includes a couple of high-intensity sets at the end of each exercise that should compound the training effect on each muscle group. Same goes for the cardiovascular exercise he recommends: just 20 minutes, three times a week. But those 20 minutes are spent jacking the intensity up and down, accomplishing more in less time.
Phillips arranges all this into a 12-week program, along with nutritional and motivational tips. Be warned that the nutritional advice gets a little spacey. For example, he puts “carbohydrates” and “vegetables” into separate categories, and recommends three daily doses of a nutritional supplement called Myoplex, which his company manufactures. (Fortunately, he gives tips on how to make each dose taste different, such as by adding drops of peppermint extract.) Despite this strangeness, Body for Life still motivates because so many others have achieved astounding results in similar 12-week windows, and the pictures and testimonials are here as evidence. –Lou Schuler